Sunday, October 22, 2006

Alone on a Holiday Eve


Its the Eve of a public holiday today. Everyone is celebrating; Those with love ones would be glad to be able to spend precious time together as the normal hectic work life in this country make it difficult to be together.
Just having a quiet dinner, taking a nice walk or just holding each other's hands would be something most couple would love to do on a night like this. Some couples with friend's or even colleagues who want to go out would love the idea of doing it together as time is precious.
Time is really precious in a person lifetime and most of us do not have much of it. We do not know when it will end for each one of us; Thus to me spending time with someone I love take precedent over everything else.
I have someone I love a lot, someone that is part of me, someone that I have given up my entire life for. I found her (this part of me) a year ago never knowing that I had been living only half a life; upon finding her I became whole; You never really know how complete life can be until you found your other half. If I were to ever lose her I will never ever be complete again.
However tonight, I would spend the holiday eve alone because she is shameful to introduce me to her colleagues. She wouldnt want people in her workplace to know she has a boyfriend. I will probably end up at a pub alone tonight ... probably getting drunk ... I know too well that liquor cannot wash away the pain ... But when you get drunk enough you feel numb for awhile ... The pain will definately return tomorrow ... The pain wont ever leave you ... But at least tonight I can numb my senses despite feeling the most pain a man can ever feel.
No matter what ... my heart will always be with her forever ... forever is a long time I know - but I also know what I feel.

2 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger benny said...

I can understand the feeling of completeness. I married my penpal: a girl with whom I corresponded when in College. Iin the Sixties. Somehow we couldn't marry then. I married instead the one whom my parents had chosen for me. A disaster it was. But then some 34 years (since we lost touch with one another) I remembered my pen pal. Our souls were in tune as those letters showed, which we could still use it as a basis to start new. These 12 years we are as one and I never thought life could be so beautiful.
benny

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Whitehawk said...

Being able to be with the person you realy love and able to completely share moments of your lives together is the ultimate gift. Treasure it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home