Sunday, September 10, 2006

Gout! Ouch!


Wanted to post earlier but … you guess it I forgot my password and login (age is catching up). Lucky for me first post I am still able to maintain this blog. If not it will start to become another one of the floating dead blog taking space in the internet. Anyway back to today’s blog – Gout.

If you have never experience an attack you wouldn’t understand how much pain your body can give you. Gout has been compared to childbirth and yes … it won in the pain level criteria.

Gout is basically the swelling of a joint – usually the right big toe because of the way the blood flow and gravity etc. The deposit of crystals becomes razor sharp and basically the slightest touch is like have a thousands knifes cut you from the inside.

I just got an attack about 2 days ago – onset of eating some Durians (very nice ones) in Malaysia about a week back. The toe started numbing 3 days ago and I knew it was coming, took lots of water to flush it out but it wasn’t good enough. Yesterday, the toe swelled up and the pain poured in … not too bad as I could still walk and even go to work this morning. Came lunch time and the pain was so bad I could leave to grab lunch and couldn’t wear my shoe as well. I just got back from the doc, (another time if I remember I will write a blog on driving with my left leg) got a big needle stuck into me and about 4 different type of medication. But experience have shown me – the medication just help with the healing which will still take another 3 – 4 day *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home